In the same way that a business might require insurance cover for key workers against legal liability that may arise in their work activities, so too might a not-for-profit organisation. This where Association Liability insurance comes in.
Association Liability provides financial protection for key personnel in not-for-profits, sporting and industry associations, and other similar organisations.
An Association Liability insurance policy might include:
- Professional Indemnity cover – in case of errors, omissions, or wrong advice given.
- Directors and Officers / Office Bearers insurance – personal protection against liability for wrongful acts.
- Employment Practices Liability – for wrongful dismissals and claims for discrimination, bullying or harassment.
- Fidelity insurance – to cover fund embezzlement.
- Tax Audit – to cover the costs associated with an audit by the ATO.
- Breach of copyright – e.g. for copying content from another website.
If you run a not-for-profit organisation and want to know more about Association Liability cover, you should contact your local Reliance Partner.