Some people just seem to have a knack for getting things done. Not just everyday things – but extraordinary and innovative things, such as you see with the Bill Gates’ and the Richard Bransons of the world.
So, what are some of the general characteristics of successful entrepreneurs who shake things up and change the world?
- Courage. Successful entrepreneurs are not afraid to take risks. However, not all risk-takers are successful. Truly successful risk-takers take the time to evaluate the risk level and put Plan Bs and Cs in place rather than just jumping in blind.
- Flexibility. Successful entrepreneurs adapt to the surrounding environment.
- Willingness to keep on growing and learning. Successful innovators are open to new ideas and are willing to learn new skills. So while they might be leaders, they also have a measure of humility.
- Good money management. Successful money-makers manage their money well rather than blowing it lavishly, they put financial buffers in place, and get to grips with the cash-flow side of their business.
- They don’t do it alone. Every individual has weak spots, and successful entrepreneurs surround themselves with talented people that make up for the skills they lack. It was Richard Branson who said that virtually no-one ever achieved anything worthwhile without help. He says to be successful you “need to connect and collaborate and delegate”.