Fire season is back, and with many parts of Australia facing below average rainfall and drier conditions, it’s important for businesses and homeowners to be prepared.
- Mowing your lawns to keep the grass below 10cm.
- Pruning trees and shrubs to reduce the risk of embers.
- Getting your gutters cleared of debris.
- Removing combustible materials from around your building.
- Developing a bushfire plan. This includes deciding when to stay and when to leave your property, designating a place to go to, and determining what you will take with you and who you will inform.
Insuring your building and contents against fire should also be part of your bushfire plan, so you can rebuild and replace contents if your property is damaged or destroyed by fire.