The Sensis Business Index for August 2019 shows small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) are feeling quite confident right now, despite concerns about the slowing economy.
What the findings show:
- 57% of SMEs are confident about their prospects for the next 12 months.
- 52% of metropolitan business managers expect to expand their enterprises in the next 12 months, compared to 45% in regional areas.
- Less than one-third of SMEs have applied for the $30,000 business asset write-off since it was introduced, with the most common cited deterrent being lack of funds.
- Accessing finance is a major concern for businesses in both metropolitan and regional areas. 25% of SMEs report using credit cards while 20% say they have increased their overdrafts.
- Many businesses also report concerns about the economy, with more business owners than not believing it will slow over the next 12 months.
You can download the full index from the link below.